Re: Basic Issues (was Re: anti-harassment procedures)

2014-02-23 07:42:03
On 2014-02-23 14:35, Ted Lemon wrote:
On Feb 23, 2014, at 4:47 AM, Patrik Fältström <paf(_at_)frobbit(_dot_)se>
wrote:
I.e. "ombud" and "ombudsman" are two different words, and you can not
"just" remove the ending "man" that part from meaning "male" also means
"human".
Andrea proposed ombuddy, but it's probably a bit too irreverant.   What about
ombudsperson?

Please do not go down that path at all.

Once again, either "ombudsman" or a word not related to it.

"ombudsman" has in Swedish nothing to do with gender of the person
having that role, but if people do feel it has gender connotation, use a
completely different word.

Yes, we do have these discussions in Sweden as well...

   Patrik