Re: Basic Issues (was Re: anti-harassment procedures)

2014-02-23 08:22:07

This was a common theme in feminist discourse in the previous century
in the U.S. as well, but I think the consensus at this point is that
"man" really does have a masculine connotation at least in english.

To underscore this...

Given the topic of harassment and given the types of behaviors that can
and do qualify under that, the idea that we'd use a title that is
overtly gender-specific strikes me as counter-productively insensitive.

To the point of being impressive, but not in a good way.

d/
--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking