Re: A private club

2014-02-26 11:15:13
Hi John,
At 05:59 26-02-2014, John C Klensin wrote:
Without details, the above is indistinguishable from innuendo.
That is not helpful in informing the rest of us about anything
other than that there are differences in opinion and perspective
in the community (I trust that doesn't surprise anyone).  I
recommend (in public because this context seems to require it)
that you go back to the person who made that comment, note the
contradiction, and ask for permission to bring the IESG (or
relevant ADs) into the conversation.  I hope we can look forward
to a report on your conclusions after the discussions that
should result.

I suggested posting the comment to the ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org mailing list before I posted my message.

I'll comment from a general perspective. People do not mention advice publicly as the difference of opinions might be highlighted. My guess is that there are differences of opinions even between Area Directors. :-) I think that some people would be surprised to hear what is said in private and what is said in public.

Take care,
-sm