Re: Stopping at two

2014-03-10 08:27:30
+1

I think this question of English or no, in the IETF is an outdated issue.

On the other hand, if a non-native English writes or speaks something is
natural that some mistakes are made. The native English should have a
little patience. If we lack patience (or cooperation), and the question
is relevant to the IETF, I think the big loser is the IETF.

And, I repeat my last post correcting the possible confusion with the
Ombudsperson:

If the problems created by non-native English are so great as well (I
don't think it is), then recommend a solution : ... the IETF can create
a group of volunteers who act as mentors for non-native English (
particularly ) when they make a mistake that eventually bother some
participants or demonstrate the need for a follow up for some time. But,
it seems that this mechanism already exists, as has been said here in
the list .

Incidentally, I witnessed people IETF initiatives in this direction,
anonymously. This gave great results.