Re: Comments on draft-farrresnickel-harassment-01 - A mostly 'NO' view

2014-03-18 18:11:26

Pete,

On 03/18/2014 11:00 PM, Pete Resnick wrote:

So I think the ability to have an (exceptional) process for dealing with
incidents privately is necessary. I hope that we can come to consensus
that having some set of folks in place for these (hopefully exceedingly
exceptional) circumstances, who (in the most exceptional of these
circumstances) have the power to ...

I like the parentheticals there and would love to see those or
equivalent statements in the draft. I also think those quite
reasonably imply that its in the nature of the ombudsfolk role,
as envisaged, that if they are busy, then the setup has failed
and we should revisit the scheme.

If the above or similar were incorporated in the draft that would
I think be good.

S.