Re: Comments on draft-farrresnickel-harassment-01 - A mostly 'NO' view

2014-03-18 18:55:29
On 3/18/14 6:10 PM, Stephen Farrell wrote:
I like the parentheticals there and would love to see those or
equivalent statements in the draft.

We have some text, but I think we can work on some additional text that makes it clear that we (the IETF) expect that these procedures are for exceptional cases where our other procedures don't work, and that we hope that these sorts of incidents are themselves quite exceptional. My co-editor with the exceedingly short surname and I will discuss.

I also think those quite
reasonably imply that its in the nature of the ombudsfolk role,
as envisaged, that if they are busy, then the setup has failed
and we should revisit the scheme.

If the ombudsfolk are exceedingly busy, I would suggest that it's more than the setup of the procedures that is a failure, and that we have a deeper problem to examine. I am trying to be optimistic that the mere discussion of these topics while we develop these procedures will cause people to check their behavior and thereby make the ombudspersons' job exceedingly boring.

pr

Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. - +1 (858)651-4478