Re: What I've been wondering about the DMARC problem

2014-04-15 11:36:05
Dave Crocker wrote:
I thought that standard operating procedure in the IT industry
was: if you roll something out and it causes serious breakage to
some of your users, you roll it back as soon as possible.

Why hasn't Yahoo rolled back its 'reject' policy by now?

As the most-recent public statement from Yahoo, this might have some tidbits in it that are relevant to your question:

http://yahoo.tumblr.com/post/82426971544/an-update-on-our-dmarc-policy-to-protect-our-users

You mean the part where they say:
"We know there are about 30,000 affected email sending services, but we also know that the change needed to support our new DMARC policy is important and not terribly difficult to implement. We have detailed the changes we are requiring here <http://yahoomail.tumblr.com/post/82426900353/yahoo-dmarc-policy-change-what-should-senders-do>."

I.e., 'not our problem'

Miles Fidelman