Re: Google.com hops on the DMARC bandwagon

2014-04-29 16:56:40
On 04/29/2014 11:00 PM, Tony Hansen wrote:

>> Ahh... so we can't expect to see Vint in any of the ietf discussions
>> in the near future!
>
> Anyone with mail servers that look at the dmarc settings won't see
> postings. People behind mail servers that do NOT look at the dmarc
> settings will see the postings just fine.

No, because those postings will bounce, and cause those users to get
unsubscribed from the list. In order to protect such subscribers from that, the
list owner has limited options, none of which are good. For example, one of
them is to block all users from that domain from posting.

To paraphrase: WYPIWYG (What You Publish Is What You Get).

I think a paraphrase of Brian Reid is more in order here:

WYPIWYD (What You Publish Is What You Deserve)

                                Ned