Reviving watersprings.org.

2014-07-02 13:09:35
Hi there all,

A number of years ago there was a site called watersprings.org which
archived Internet Drafts and RFCs and provided some interesting
linking between them.
I never used it, but apparently a number of folk really liked the
interface / etc.

The site was hosted in Japan and the creator shut it down to conserve
power after the 2011 tsunami. I provided him a VM (on a machine that
nLayer / Richard Steenbergen hosts for me), and we started migrating
over to it. Unfortunately, he no longer has the time / resources to
run the site, and we never finished the migration / the scripts
haven't run since then.

Anyway, I've offered to take over maintaining the VM, try figure out
how it all works, upgrade it, finish the migration, etc.
Before spending the time on this though, I figured I should check if
folk still want it / think that it will be a useful resource. The time
investment will be fairly significnat, but happy to do it if folk will
use it...