Re: [DNSOP] Last Call: <draft-ietf-appsawg-nullmx-05.txt> (A NULL MX Resource Record for Domains that Accept No Mail) to Proposed Standard

2014-07-17 18:57:12
On 7/17/2014 7:35 PM, Mark Andrews wrote:
A better description of the record is "No Service MX Record" or "No
Service Offered MX Record".

As a clear statement of policy, the latter is preferable.

Those two can easily be construed to mean different things. The former may mean a current temporary condition "Yes we have no email service here today, please check back tomorrow". The latter is clearly a policy statement "We don't do no stinking email here".

Sandy Wills
(semi-inactive lurker)

--
Unable to locate coffee.