[***SPAM***] Re: Registration policies (was: WG Review: Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance (dmarc))

2014-07-18 02:23:25
Hi Barry,
At 17:13 17-07-2014, Barry Leiba wrote:
No.  IETF Review means that the request has to be made from an IETF
Stream document.  Such a document is being reviewed by the IETF
anyway, and the registry adds no extra work.

The person has to write an Internet-Draft to request the assignment. He or she has to find IETF participants who are willing to review that Internet-Draft. There is an IETF Last Call. There is an IESG evaluation.

If I understood what is written above, the IETF has not taken any commitment to help with the (IETF) review and it does not consider all of this as extra (IETF) work as the Area Directors do not have to manage Designated Experts.

I'll copy this message to the IESG, excluding the General Area Director, as I am curious to hear the opinions of the Area Directors in other Areas (excluding Applications) about this topic. I understand that it is unusual for an individual to send such a request by email instead of asking for the opinions of Area Directors during an IETF plenary.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy