Re: DMARC and ietf.org

2014-07-20 21:52:21
I thought the preferred solution was to rewrite the From for
those users only.

I think that remains controversial. ...

There is no consensus at all on how mailing lists should deal with
DMARC problems.  Some DMARC advocates claim there is for what appear
to me to be political reasons, but they are mistaken.  The latest
version of Mailman has several of them, and the developers tell me
that the forthcoming 3.0 version will add even more.

I have attempted to collect all of the known approaches on the ASRG
wiki here:

http://wiki.asrg.sp.am/wiki/Mitigating_DMARC_damage_to_third_party_mail

(The ASRG is dead, but the wiki lives on.)

If anyone notices that I've missed something, write to me and I'll
give you a password so you can fix it.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet
for Dummies",