Re: [conex] Genart LC review: draft-ietf-conex-abstract-mech-12

2014-08-07 13:20:22
   I continue to apologize for bothering ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; but I don't
see
how to ignore Matt's reply:

Matt Mathis <mattmathis(_at_)google(_dot_)com> wrote:
<snip>

John, we are fully capable of being on schedule, except for people who
throw shoes into the gears ("sabotage") by not listening and arguing
against the people who actually agree with them.
So I ask again, this time in public: Please stop helping.  Please don't
argue with people who don't disagree with you.

   I will probably accede to Matt's request; but it strikes me as strange
that Matt perceives my post as "arguing".

   (Since Matt didn't post this to ConEx, I won't reply there.)

And I apologize the WG chairs and other authors for making sausage in
public.

   Alas, in the IETF we _do_ make our sausage in public. Both Matt and
I might be more effective if we didn't try so hard to avoid that. ;^)

--
John Leslie <john(_at_)jlc(_dot_)net>