Re: gmail users read on...

2014-08-29 10:37:47
On 08/29/14 08:20, l(_dot_)wood(_at_)surrey(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk wrote:
Counterpoint: I know of a 20person company that ran off google apps and gmail
(under an owned domain) for over a year, and are only transitioning off it to
inhouse corporate Exchange after the subsequent acquisition and IPO.

Many use these services, because they're better and more reliable for their
purposes than the alternatives available to them. They're making professional
choices.

I agree.

I've also seen many people who keep a gmail or other mass market account
as a professional address knowing that they will move between
institutional addresses.  As companies come and go faster and people
transition between them more often, keeping a semi-permanent
professional contact point is a sound strategy.

I think that it is unwise to use gmail as a "bozo filter" these days.

--
Ted Faber
http://www.isi.edu/~faber           PGP: