Re: Data on internet drafts/year?

2014-09-25 22:02:24

On Sep 25, 2014, at 7:34 PM, Melinda Shore
<melinda(_dot_)shore(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

Do we have somewhere data on the number of drafts submitted per year?

Melinda

First place I’d ask is the RFC Editor. But...

Using the rsync archive at rsync.ietf.org...

I did an ls -lrt on the file of “all internet drafts since” someone started
recording them, and all RFCs. I’m not convince that the year they wound of in
the archive is the year in the index file, but I don’t feel like trying to
parse the index file. But doing that and then gripping for year numbers (and
noting that digit-digit-:-digit-digit is at the moment equivalent to “2014")

year    drafts  RFCs
1968            0
1969            0
1970            0