Re: Last Call: <draft-nottingham-safe-hint-05.txt> (The "safe" HTTP Preference) to Proposed Standard

2014-10-24 19:41:37
i tried to look at this draft but my browser would not show it to me.

< decode >

in a diverse and multi-cultural world, norms differ.  widely.  those of
the sender may be quite different than those of the receiver.  this is a
feature, not a bug.

there are cultures in which pictures of unclothed children are highly
objectionable.  there are others which have no problem with this but
where pictures of underclothed adults are inappropriate.  some where
imgages of gods are admired, others where they are forbidden.  and even
some where internet-drafts which impose one culture's mores on others
are objectionable.

randy