Re: suggestion for the next IETFs

2014-10-27 05:29:48
On 27 October 2014 10:25, Yoav Nir <ynir(_dot_)ietf(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

Define “everybody”

Canada is very convenient for most people. AFAIK Americans, Europeans,
even Israelis can enter without a visa. But for Indian (among others)
citizens living in the US there is a real issue with the Canadian
consulates in the US not processing visa applications from non-US
citizens.  You’ll find issues with pretty much every country. Even EU
countries require visas for visitors from China, India, African countries,
Arab countries and parts of latin America.

About 50% of our participants come from North America. Disqualifying the
US and Canada would be grossly problematic. Early registration and LOI is
the better avenue than trying to pick the country with the laxest
immigration policy.

All agreed, but we currently pick locations based on geographic locality to
participants - maybe picking them based on visa availability for
participants might be more useful?

Dave.