Re: [IAOC] suggestion for the next IETFs

2014-10-28 08:00:44

On Oct 28, 2014, at 8:40 AM, Allison Mankin
<allison(_dot_)mankin(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

​Hosnieh,

I think you have put your finger on something - if the current amount of time
is too short for visas to be obtained, then one solution is to provide
invitation letters earlier, so there's more lead tmie.

Adding a question for the IAOC - what are options for making invitation
letters available further ahead of a meeting?

We had in the past for LOIs from the IETF and for some unknown reason the page
to do so
is not linked where it is accessible.

The page is being reviewed and expected to return soon.

Ray

Best,

Allison

On 26 October 2014 11:50, Michael Richardson
<mcr+ietf(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca> wrote:

Hosnieh Rafiee <ietf(_at_)rozanak(_dot_)com> wrote:
    > I have a suggestion for IETF meetings in the US and
    > Canada. Unfortunately sometimes a visa processing (to Canada and the
    > US) might take 2 to 3 months.  Since invitation letters are usually
    > necessary components to apply for a visa, sometimes the time for visa
    > processing is not enough for planning for this trip (reservation,
    > buying a ticket, etc.)  Each IETF is usually every 6 months. I do not
    > know whether there is any possibility to change the start of
    > registration date that at least there is minimum 3 complete months
    > before the IETF meeting (also after considering possibility delay in
    > opening registration, etc.)

So, you are saying that you need registration to open earlier so that one can
get the invitation letter earlier, so that the visa process can start
earlier?

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>, Sandelman Software
Works