Re: Last Call: <draft-secretaries-good-practices-06.txt> (IETF Working Groups' Secretaries) to Best Current Practice

2014-12-08 08:36:28
Hello John,

Le 03/12/2014 15:40, John C Klensin a écrit :
The following paragraph,
    "The framework and perimeter of action associated to the WG
    Secretary's role, depends on the WG Secretary and the
    Chairs, as well as on the professional relationship they
    establish. Therefore this document does not prescribe what
    must be performed, but lists what might be performed by a WG
    Secretary. Also, this list is intended to be as complete as
    possible, but it shall not be considered as exhaustive. This
    document is therefore not a rigid job description."
effectively contradicts what has come before, possibly to blunt
some of the type of the criticism I (and others) have voiced.
Its effect, however, is merely to contradict and create
confusion.

This paragraph (minus few mods) has been in the draft since 00, while comments only came on 05/06. So, no, this paragraph is not here to blunt some of the type of criticism you and others have voice.

This is definitely not the spirit in which I and the other authors of this document have written it.

Best regards,
Martin