Re: Updating BCP 10 -- some minor bits

2015-01-09 13:05:36
Mike,

I don't agree with constraining Chairs to past Nomcom voting members.  I
think that our voting members have great abilities and insights, but I'd
like for the ISOC CEO to have a bigger pool of possible choices, because
organizing and executing all the steps of the Nomcom process is extremely
demanding and many people either don't feel they could do it, or can't get
management support for giving so much time and effort.

A future chair can make up the numbers as an observer in interviews.  I'm
sure the past chair sometimes feels a bit disengaged too, after having had
so much work to do, but this isn't a show-stopper.

Allison

On 9 January 2015 at 13:49, Michael StJohns <mstjohns(_at_)comcast(_dot_)net>