Re: Updating BCP 10 -- some minor bits

2015-01-10 13:27:36
On 1/9/15 1:46 PM, Russ Housley wrote:
Michael:

2) several of us suggest that the Chair for year X, be appointed prior to the
  the beginning of the Third IETF of year X-1.  This permits the
  chair-elect/future-chair, to participate and learn about the process prior
  to starting.  While this adds about 4 months to the duration of the chair
  duties, it probably reduces their stress sufficiently that they will live
  an extra year longer.
Allison made this suggestion in her report in March 2014.

It is already too late for the NomCom Chair for appointments in 2016 to be
trained by watching the appointment process for this year.

this also increases the duration of the commitment as nomcom chair,
which imho is not ideal.

If this idea is agreeable to the community, we have much less than a year to
approve an update to BCP 10 to for this to happen for the 2017 leadership
appointments.  I heard Allison offer to provide some text.  I think that
would be the next step.

Russ