Re: Strong objection to draft-ietf-WG-*.all noise levels

2015-02-09 15:31:59

--On Tuesday, February 10, 2015 08:00 +1300 Brian E Carpenter
<brian(_dot_)e(_dot_)carpenter(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

Hi,

I see that the tracker has started using email aliases of the
form draft-ietf-WG-*.all(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org to report on state changes,
and that these aliases now apparently include the WG as well
as the interested parties.

This is highly obnoxious

+1.

For those of us whose instinctive response to a high level of
noise on a WG list that we don't absolutely need to follow is to
simply ignore that list (or delete traffic to it without
reading) for a while, this comes close to a self-inflicted DoS
attack on the WG.

    john