Re: Interim meetings - changing the way we work

2015-02-26 13:21:37
Ted Lemon wrote:
we in fact do do work during f2f meetings, and the rule is "confirm
on the mailing list."   If working groups are not following that same
practice during interim meetings, they are doing it wrong.

I agree with this. In particular, I think the best mindset is that a WG's mailing list is the authoritative record. Decisions that happen in any sort of meeting are tentative until they find their way to the mailing list. (BTW: I think this helps avoid the dependence on having great minutes taken by volunteers, and the inevitable disappointment that brings.)

Cheers,
-Benson