Re: Interim meetings - changing the way we work

2015-02-26 09:16:12
On Feb 26, 2015, at 10:05 AM, Joel M. Halpern <jmh(_at_)joelhalpern(_dot_)com>
wrote:
I need to agree with John here.  There are several WGs I try to monitor that
started having frequent interim conference calls.  There is no way I can
reliably make time for that.  The advantage of email is that I can fit it in
around the work I need to do (including reading it during corporate
conference calls.)  In one case I have had to dramatically reduce my
effective participation in the WG because most of the work moved to the
conference calls.

If you "try to monitor" these working groups, it sounds like you aren't an
active participant.   The meetings are supposed to be minuted, so you ought to
be able to monitor them by reading the minutes.

Do you think we should optimize working groups for getting work done, or for
being monitored?   Or have I misunderstood what you mean when you say "try to
monitor"?