Re: perspective of discussion about I-D.farresnickel-harassment

2015-03-22 16:57:16

On Sun, March 22, 2015 1:58 pm, Dave Crocker wrote:
On 3/22/2015 3:53 PM, Dan Harkins wrote:
  If you haven't realized that non-governmental committees to
deal with harassment in their organizations have been greeted
with quite a few false accusations of late then you PROBABLY
aren't paying attention.

Dan,

I thought I was paying attention, but apparently I wasn't. Thanks for
alerting us to this insidious problem.

  Sarcasm would be a more effective tool for silencing others (i.e. bullying)
if it wasn't so cheap these days.

Unfortunately a concern for claims that might not prove true has to
include the one you've just made.

So it would help for you to provide some outside substantiation for it.
 A professional study on the problem would help quite a bit.  Anecdotal
media reporting probably won't.

  This is certainly going to derail this thread, and maybe that's what you
hoped for. But you asked so here you go. These have more to do with
rape ("pseudologia phantastica") than harassment so feel free to put
your head back in the sand if you like.

http://www.icdv.idaho.gov/conference/handouts/False-Allegations.pdf

http://sf-criminaldefense.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/KaninFalseRapeAllegations.pdf

There are others. Google works, try it.