Re: Use of private OIDs in WG (standard-track) documents

2015-03-28 17:08:43
Victor eve understates the case

Ietf could assign oids in pretty much any space it likes and get away with it.
Only recourse would be a lawsuit and heaven help the lawyer trying to draft a
claim

All the registries do is to help avoid collisions. These are really just
numbers we have a process for avoiding double issue of

Sent from my difference engine

On Mar 28, 2015, at 17:19, Viktor Dukhovni