Re: FTP Service Discontinuance Under Consideration; Input Requested

2015-04-03 19:10:47

On 4/3/2015 2:00 PM, Paul Hoffman wrote:
This seems like a reasonable proposal. Both rysnc and common HTTP
command line tools (wget and curl) handle "get me only the most recent
changes" quite reliably.

Yes, but it's also important IMO to allow HTTP access and not require HTTPS.

I.e., the reason for the shift should not be to force use of a secure
connection. Some paths will drop anything they can't inspect, and
there's no reason to force that here for users who don't want it.

Joe