Re: FTP Service Discontinuance Under Consideration; Input Requested

2015-04-09 18:53:52
On 10/04/2015 10:13, Doug Royer wrote:
On 04/09/2015 01:28 PM, John Levine wrote (in part):
If we are going to continue to support FTP, it would be reasonable to use a
server that can do FTP over TLS, since it that is
something actually defined in RFCs and implemented in clients. R's, John

Why would anyone care if public documents are transfered encrypted?

When this tread started, I switched to rsync in case FTP went away. I had no
issues.
rsync is not secure. You can run it through TLS, but again - why?

If you don't want your government to know that you're taking an unhealthy
interest in Avian Carriers, you might prefer to fetch the RFCs over an
encrypted connection.

    Brian