Re: Policy and tools regarding the filing of Internet Drafts

2015-04-21 07:14:29

On Apr 21, 2015, at 4:26 AM, Bernie Volz (volz) <volz(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com>
wrote:

Be nice if the posting tool confirmed co-author(s) whenever a co-author(s) is
"new" (all would be new for -00). This would require keeping a database of
the drafts and co-authors.

I’m not so sure it requires a database. It dos require the ability to read an
existing draft.

With a -00 draft, you could simply define the case - all authors have to
confirm. With a successor draft, a “new" author is one that isn’t listed as an
author on the previous version. We could continue to gild that lily by noting
when authors are dropped, and enquiring of the dropped co-authors.

That said, a database might make it simpler for the tools.