Re: Policy and tools regarding the filing of Internet Drafts

2015-04-22 21:10:52
On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 01:58:27AM -0000, John Levine wrote:
Someone pointed out that the authors all get notices when a new draft
is posted.  That seems good enough for the rare cases of false
attribution, so "never mind".

Except that the people included are thereby on the record as somehow
being an author of these things, and maybe they don't want to be.  I
think that's a little worrisome.

Ago, I-Ds expired after 6 months, and one wouldn't need to worry about
this.  But now they don't ever really go away, and I can see why some
people feel that perhaps their reputations are being abused.

I don't have a strong opinion about it, but on the other hand I don't
have the sort of reputation that would make it useful to anyone to try
to include me in their author list: I have way more bad ideas than
good ones.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs(_at_)anvilwalrusden(_dot_)com