Re: Policy and tools regarding the filing of Internet Drafts

2015-04-21 07:22:12

        The ID/tools already keep track of authors, as you say, when you submit
a draft. But after that it appears to not expose that. What is required is that
it expose this for all drafts. If you login, you should be able to confirm
removing yourself from that ID entry.

        The other thing we could do is require that all authors/editors confirm
posting instead of just having one confirm. The system does today for new
postings, or postings with new/changed authors but only requires one to
confirm. The one thing to consider in this case is that by putting your name on
a draft, you implicitly acknowledge the IPR/Note Well terms on that draft. What
if you do not but someone puts your name on there?  Requiring everyone on a
draft to explicitly confirm means they are there on purpose and really agree,
and continue to for every iteration of the draft.

        --Tom

On Apr 21, 2015:8:13 AM, at 8:13 AM, Fred Baker (fred)