RE: comments on newly generated html draft format and font sizes

2015-04-22 13:39:27
I have to agree that 12pt produces too large a default.  Is there an easy
way
for me as a user to experiment with what 10pt would look like, so I can
comment on that?  And is there an easy way for me to try that size on my
phone, to see if it seems equally readable there?

I'll set up a bunch of sample pages for you to try out.

Here are links to pages set up with 9pt, 10pt, 11pt and 12pt:

      https://tools.ietf.org/pt/

Please consider old people and their weak eyes. I would personally use 12pt or
bigger, because that way I can read the screen from a safe distance without
having to put up reading glasses. But twenty years ago I would most probably
have voted for 9pt, because it allowed me to watch more text on a single
screen. So, in practice, there is no good "fixed point" choice. The best
outcome is to use the default font size chosen by the user, so the old guys get
the big fonts that they like and the young ones get the small ones that they
prefer.

-- Christian Huitema