Re: comments on newly generated html draft format and font sizes

2015-04-22 22:36:33
On Wed, 22 Apr 2015, Henrik Levkowetz wrote:

Here's a strawman using @media queries:

 http://zin.tools.ietf.org/pt/draft-ietf-idr-error-handling-19-responsive.html

Comments on this one are very welcome.

My wish is that the font size will be the same on my desktop browser as the one it will choose for displaying a .txt file in the browser. That way I will get identical text size for RFCs regardless if I look at a txt version or html version.

Basically, I wish my entire web experience worked like this (which it has historically) bit it's getting destroyed by a trend by web sites to go for larger and larger fonts, which I guess is driven by the same goal that you had, ie for things to look better on tablets and phones.

But if I have to choose, then I much prefer the responsive version over the 12pt version. Responsive is either very similar to txt or one font size bigger than txt, and it works reasonably well on all devices. 12pt is just way too big.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike(_at_)swm(_dot_)pp(_dot_)se