Re: comments on newly generated html draft format and font sizes

2015-04-22 11:15:43
On Wed, 22 Apr 2015, Henrik Levkowetz wrote:

Hi Joel,

On 22 Apr 2015, at 17:49, Joel M. Halpern <jmh(_at_)joelhalpern(_dot_)com>
wrote:

I have to agree that 12pt produces too large a default.  Is there an easy way
for me as a user to experiment with what 10pt would look like, so I can comment
on that?  And is there an easy way for me to try that size on my phone, to see
if it seems equally readable there?

I'll set up a bunch of sample pages for you to try out.

Yes, please, I am especially curious if "12pt" is affected by my chosen "text size"-setting on iPad and iPhone and Android-device, and if "1em" or "medium" is. I was going to fix some test pages tomorrow myself, but if you're willing to do it I'll use them as test instead.

Because I want to be able to set the font size according to my preference, not what the "web designer" thinks is best. I already have the problem on many "new and modern" web pages that the text is just way too big on my desktop monitor, probably because the web designer thinks it should look that way on most peoples' tablets or phones.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike(_at_)swm(_dot_)pp(_dot_)se