Re: comments on newly generated html draft format and font sizes

2015-04-22 08:59:18
Hi Paul,

On 2015-04-22 15:56, Paul Hoffman wrote:
On Apr 22, 2015, at 6:41 AM, Henrik Levkowetz
<henrik(_at_)levkowetz(_dot_)com> wrote:
If I take the "12pt" document and do "view source", I get the text in the
same size as the "1em" documents. It thus seems to me that at least Chrome
defaults to 1em and for some reason treats "12pt" differently.

I like the old format better, the 12pt documents just defaults to too big
text for me.

I'd like to hear from other people.  The choice of 12pt for today's devices
can definitely be changed; please let me know if you have a preference for
a different point size.

Using "1em" seems semantically better than stating a specific size. On my
browser, "1em" also has a more pleasing visual effect for me.

1em is going away.  It's going to change to a point size, but which one, is the
question.  I thought I'd been pretty clear about that.

        Henrik