Re: IESG Statement on surprised authors

2015-05-31 12:04:58
Isn't one way to deal with this to build additional mechanisms into the
draft submittal confirmation procedure?

When I suggested this a couple of weeks ago, people pointed out that
there are too many ways that the obvious approach, require all new
draft authors to approve posting, has its problems.  It can interfere
with legitimate drafts (on meeting cutoff day one author stays at the
office to finish the draft, the others take off for the weekend) and
it's trivial to circumvent (use plausible fake webmail addresses.)

We do automatically notify authors when new drafts are posted, which
should usually alert surprised authors to the problem.

R's,
John