Re: IESG Statement on surprised authors

2015-05-31 12:17:59
On 5/31/15 9:04 AM, John Levine wrote:
We do automatically notify authors when new drafts are posted, which
should usually alert surprised authors to the problem.

It's probably worth noting that alerting people suffers from
one of the same weaknesses as requiring approval from all authors,
which is that it's easy to create throwaway or spoofed email
addresses.  That said, I think this is the best approach.  If it
eventually turn out that bogus email addresses are being used
to work around the notifications, that can be dealt with.  But
for the time being notification can at least allows someone
to object if they receive a notice that a draft has been published
with their name on it.

Melinda