Re: discussion style and respect

2015-06-11 15:42:09
On 12/06/2015 08:17, Melinda Shore wrote:
On 6/11/15 11:44 AM, Alia Atlas wrote:
One aspect is to work on improving and discussing how to handle
consensus issues for the WG Chairs. Anyone who hasn't read through
RFC 7282 really should.  In the Routing area, we've been having
periodic Working Group chair training sessions.  You can see the
presentation and recording for the one we did "On Consensus" at:
http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/rtg/trac/wiki/WGChairTraining .

These are really nice - might be useful as a basis for a
working group chairs training track.  Right now there really
isn't such thing - the working group chairs training sessions
are useful and I think need to continue as is, but some sort
of training for new chairs seems valuable and might help us
avoid some of what's under discussion at the moment.

There has been a "WG Leadership"  tutorial from time to time in
the past; in fact it ran at IETF92 (for the first time since IETF86):
http://www.ietf.org/edu/process-oriented-tutorials.html#wgleadership

One of the things we need to discuss at the EDUNEXT BOF is whether
the traditional format of 90 minute tutorials on Sunday afternoon
is still useful, and whether it should be supplemented or replaced
by a suite of shorter videos and longer webinars that could be
available any time, any place.

    Brian