Re: Randomness sources for the IETF 2015-2016 Nomcom Selection

2015-06-23 12:44:23

On 6/23/2015 8:41 AM, John C Klensin wrote:
if you believe the 3797 is wrong, I look forward to a
carefully-researched and well-documented I-D that both
demonstrates that and proposes something better.

Anyone who knows what entropy means knows where the only true sources
arise: physical processes. These include:

        - quantum effects
        - thermal noise
        - radioactive decay

I cited two online services that provide true sources of entropy based
on the first two of these - the first of which is digitally signed and
escrowed, and both of which provide access to past values for verification.

If we need more than that, perhaps I should submit a physics book as an RFC.

Joe