Re: [DNSOP] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dnsop-onion-tld-00.txt> (The .onion Special-Use Domain Name) to Proposed Standard

2015-07-14 15:09:41
This is clearly needed. There are serious technical, privacy and personal safety costs to saying no to this, which supersede any supposed layer 9 considerations. Given that the working group already discussed the layer 9 issues and had consensus to publish this document, I think it would be unfortunate and inappropriate to re-try all of the same issues again on the IETF mailing list. If working group participants feel that the consensus call was made in error, they should appeal the consensus call using the IETF appeals process, rather than re-arguing the same points on the IETF mailing list.

I say this with utmost respect and appreciation for the DNSOP working group participant who has attempted to begin such an argument already. :)