Re: [DNSOP] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dnsop-onion-tld-00.txt> (The .onion Special-Use Domain Name) to Proposed Standard

2015-07-14 15:20:56
No, I won't appeal. No implied appeal pending from me.

I don't believe I have grounds to appeal, and I don't believe an appeal
would be allowed on what are essentially political motivations. What others
will chose to do I cannot say because I am not part of any other discussion
on this: its my personal view, and my personal view alone.

I believe the IETF can decide to do this 'eyes wide open' -I just don't
believe it SHOULD, but it obviously CAN.

I believe the inherent risks to TOR users should be solved by the TOR
coders. dependencies on the DNS will remain even after this registration,
because the beams have inexorably been crossed. There is no going back from
what the omnibox does. So I believe the risks to the TOR users will
perpetuate even after this documented action.

My personal view only.

-G

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 10:08 PM, Ted Lemon