Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dnsop-onion-tld-00.txt> (The .onion Special-Use Domain Name) to Proposed Standard

2015-07-15 09:33:30
On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 12:42:23PM +0000,
 Edward Lewis <edward(_dot_)lewis(_at_)icann(_dot_)org> wrote
 a message of 202 lines which said:

The document defines the use of the name by referring to a couple of
references, none of which appears to be published in a way that can
be referenced except by URL.

First, RFC 6761 is silent about the characteristics of the
documentation to include in such a draft. RFC 6761 is very specific
about "in each of the seven categories below, what special treatment,
if any, is to be applied" but never mandated a specific type of
external references.

Second, I much prefer an URL (a few seconds after, I have the document
and I can read it) to... (incoming troll) a DOI or other kind of
reference that I may or may not be able to dereference.