Re: the names that aren't DNS names problem, was Last Call: <draft-ietf-dnsop-onion-tld-00.txt>

2015-07-23 16:55:05
Ideally, ICANN ought to give IETF an opportunity to say “no, don’t allocate
that name” for any common word or common abbreviation for a common word (modulo
the one-letter, ISO country code and similar constraints, of course).   That
would cover all of the cases we’re talking about.   I think it’s too late to do
that now, but that’s what I’d want if it were possible to do it.