Re: the names that aren't DNS names problem, was Last Call: <draft-ietf-dnsop-onion-tld-00.txt>

2015-07-23 11:02:25
[Back to dnsop where it belongs]

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 12:28:48PM +0200,
 George Michaelson <ggm(_at_)algebras(_dot_)org> wrote
 a message of 115 lines which said:

I merely noted that there are voices (myself included) who think a
revision might be most useful if it abnegated the right to make
these decisions and said "the root zone vests with other people: ask
other people to do things"

IMHO, before we embark on discussions about RFC6761bis, we need an
Internet-Draft describing precisely what is (perceived as) wrong in
RFC 6761. I was shocked that we have a "design team" to work on RFC
6761bis while we still do not have a consensus on the problems with
6761.