Re: the names that aren't DNS names problem, was Last Call: <draft-ietf-dnsop-onion-tld-00.txt>

2015-07-25 00:51:42
On 25 Jul 2015, at 7:43, John R Levine wrote:

I certainly don't want the IETF to get involved in whatever processes
produced those lists.

Ok, fair. Let me then state my view differently, because I do not think we
really disagree with each other.

IF IETF would have a list of domain names not suitable for being TLDs (which it
has, but you understand what I mean, I strongly would encourage ICANN to point
at that list by IETF when ICANN create this list of theirs, at least for the
bootstrap, or maybe even the IETF list would be that black list. But now I know
I discuss ICANN PDP here and not IETF, but unfortunately the two are
intertwined.

   Patrik