Fwd: Last Call: Recognising RFC1984 as a BCP

2015-08-11 10:07:00
Hi,

I think that this is an excellent idea.  I have re-read the document
and it succinctly outlines the fallacies of weak/escrowed etc. crypto.

I can think of no better way for the IAB and IESG to respond to
cryptowars II than reissue their position from cryptowars I.

The publicity of the change may also enable people engaging
in cryptowars II to sum their positions simply as "read RFC1984".

Sincerely,  Hugo Connery
--
Head of IT, Dept Environmental Engineering, Tech. Uni. Denmark.

PS: I am sure that Postel would have grinned that the number he
reserved for "the right time", got to bite a second time.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Last Call: Recognising RFC1984 as a BCP
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 10:13:06 -0700
From: The IESG <iesg-secretary(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
To: IETF-Announce <ietf-announce(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>

The IESG has received a request from an individual participant to make
the following status changes:

- RFC1984 from Informational to Best Current Practice
    (IAB and IESG Statement on Cryptographic Technology and the Internet)

The supporting document for this request can be found here:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/status-change-rfc1984-to-best-current-practice/

ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org mailing lists by 2015-09-07. Exceptionally, comments
may be
sent to iesg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org instead. In either case, please retain the

The affected document can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc1984/

IESG discussion of this request can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/status-change-rfc1984-to-best-current-practice/ballot/