Re: Last Call: Recognising RFC1984 as a BCP

2015-08-11 16:19:36
OK, so basically changes in the standards track:

        promotion
        demotion (e.g., to Historic)

I can even see changing informational de-facto or individual standards
to standards-track.

What makes NO sense is a BCP. If it wasn't a BCP when it was issued
(even if there was no such thing), then it isn't a BCP now.

If you want a BCP now, then open the can of worms and have the
discussion on content.

This whole thing, however, is based on the ridiculous goal of retaining
an RFC number - numbers that we NEVER assume we can retain for even the
most ubiquitous of standards.

Joe