Re: Fwd: Last Call: Recognising RFC1984 as a BCP

2015-08-11 13:17:48

Hiya,

On 11/08/15 17:56, Michael Richardson wrote:

I would propose that the new BCP be the set of 1984 and RFC2804 (which is
also informational).
I also think that this would be proceedurally make more sense.

I did ponder that a bit but my own conclusion fwiw was that the
topics are sufficiently different that keeping them separate could
be better and would be simpler. And if we wanted 2804 as a BCP that
could be done after we see what folks think of this status-change. I
do agree that it'd be sensible to consider following the same path
with both of these at some point, though I'd say it's maybe simpler
to take 'em one at a time.

S.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>, Sandelman Software
Works