Re: Time to encourage interims instead of main meetings?

2015-08-20 08:23:42
On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 5:23 AM, Rogerio Mariano - IETF <
rogermariano(_dot_)cala(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com> wrote:

However, if we consider that most matters are handled by the lists of
early way, why the IETF does not encourage the use and participation of
remote sessions in a more expressive way? Why the IETF does not create a
default document type "IETF Remote Hub Technical Guide" to guide and
instruct the participants? This initiative is made similarly in ICANN and
ISOC. I think this way, increase the participation and inclusion of people
from different regions in the IETF meetings, would be a good way to reduce
costs and improve a lot the statistics on the perception of the IETF
Mentoring Program, and optimize the process of physical meetings.

I agree with you totally. I think all WG chairs consider to make the
WG-list active, so the main channel for our work is WG_lists, then we use
other tools when needed and proposed by chair or WG. So taking the option
of other tools for work-discussion is the responsibility of the WG chair,
and needs to be agreed by the WG.

AB