Re: Last Call: Recognising RFC1984 as a BCP

2015-08-20 05:23:08
Subject: Re: Last Call: Recognising RFC1984 as a BCP Date: Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at
10:23:15AM -0700 Quoting Paul Hoffman (paul(_dot_)hoffman(_at_)vpnc(_dot_)org):
On 10 Aug 2015, at 10:13, The IESG wrote:

The IESG has received a request from an individual participant to make
the following status changes:

- RFC1984 from Informational to Best Current Practice
(IAB and IESG Statement on Cryptographic Technology and the Internet)

The supporting document for this request can be found here:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/status-change-rfc1984-to-best-current-practice/

Yes, please. What was discussed in 1996 really is a best practice today, and
it has certainly been made the current practice.

I would like to add my support for making RFC1984 a BCP.

I have read the document, and what needed to be said then stands today
as something, sadly, still in need of saying. The document, then is
"current" in the most fitting way.

--
Måns Nilsson     primary/secondary/besserwisser/machina
MN-1334-RIPE                             +46 705 989668